Thursday, May 28, 2009

Weathering the storm

I am sitting at home on my couch, for the first time in a week. Granted, it's the first time I have been home in a week. Over the computer an empty bassinet stares back at me, gifts sit opened but repacked for the time being and med orders and discharge papers are scattered around me. A bit overwhelming for a girl who is use to picking up and replacing order. Not tonight, not tomorrow probably, and I am ok with it. In fact I have other things that fill my mind that are much more important these days. Like praying for my daughter, yep that's right, my daughter who is still in the NICU developing, growing and living every day. Resting my very tired body and soul after the incredible rollercoaster it has been on for a week. Spending goood, quality time with my husband who has been a rock for me to lean on this past week and show him support as he has learned, rather quickly, to deal with sick wife and teeny tiny daughter. Our lives changed so quickly, and yet we are still here, together and enjoying the new love of our life, Ms. Lucy Jane. God carried us through a rather difficult week and we trust that He will continue to meet our needs, dry our tears, comfort our longing hearts and arms as we remain temporarily seperated from our baby girl. Countless prayers were said for our little family as we weathered this storm and I am so thankful for those prayers, so thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ who lifted our names to the heavenly Father. Thank you!
And now introducing the love of our life, Lucy.

Our beautiful family

Daddy kangarooing with Lucy

Holding Lucy for the first time!

No comments: