Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I am My Mother's Daughter

I went garage saling this wkd for the first time in a long time! I use to love garage saling but now that I am on a more "fixed income" I have tried to save my money for important things. This year though, there is a baby on the way and I would love to pick up some cute things for our kidlet.

So I gathered a good purse, one that would not slow me down. I gathered all my loose change and put it in an orange tupperware container. Now my mother has all her garage saling change also in a tupperware container. And I am pretty sure it is orange also. Yes, I am like my mother. And for this I don't mind. It made me laugh actually so I had to take a picture of it.


Off I went garage saling! It was wonderful. I hit a huge neighborhood sale and walked around a couple of blocks, picking up little goodies here and there. I also was able to pick up a few things for my residents at work. They will be pleased!

At one sale I found this cute orange and denim purse for $3. For me, that is a bit spendy for a purse. And it was too early to try and talk them down, which I wasn't sure I wanted to do. So I kept purusing the garage and lo and behold I found a cute zebra stripped coin purse for $0.50. I had to get it. My orange tupperware container was getting heavy and I thought this coin purse would do just the trick, lighten the load. I purchased, finished the street and went back to my car. I proceeded to put my coins in the zebra and drove off to find new sales! I am my mother's daughter, b/c her daughter loves purses, bags, and anything that can be used as a bag.


Overall it was a great morning, walking and enjoy the sun, warm weather and sales!

No comments: