Thursday, April 23, 2009

Springtime

Has finally arrived. At least for a few days. Today reached a high of 78 degrees and supposedly tomorrow we are back to 40 some degrees. Oh well, today was gorgeous and I sat on the patio and visited with some of my residents. Good times.


Yesterday and today Baby H has been moving a ton! And it is so wonderful to feel. This evening I spent a few hours laying down with my feet high above my heart (swelling in the feet) and just watched my belly jump here and jump there. I get all giggly when I see that occur. Our child is growing before my very eyes and I get to see his or her movements. It amazes me and I feel so blessed to be the momma of this little one. I even felt Baby H roll over the other night while in bed. That was cool! We are at 25 and a half weeks and just yesterday the urge to start buying things for this little one hit me. I did pick out fabric for a baby quilt last night. JoAnns is having a fabulous sale and Big A was kind enough to let me splurge just a bit. I can't wait to get started! The material is washed, dried and I need to starch and iron and then I can cut!! But I am also wanting to start on a baby room. And unfortunately we don't have room for a baby room where we live. I honestly thought I would be ok with that earlier on but now I just want to make it special. I know that in time it will happen, I just must be patient.

On a different note, my brother got married this weekend and it was a great time! Mom did a killer job with the Groom's Supper. So so so many compliments on the meal (it was delicious)! And the wedding was beautiful. My S-I-L looked beautiful and her groom was a proud man. They make a great couple and I am so excited to have Auntie L in the family now :) After the wedding we had the reception and dance, and let me tell you, my family rocks! I still laugh thinking back to that night, dancing away and watching my rellies tear up the dance floor. I had so much fun! (And I wore Baby H out, Baby H slept for like 2 days straight I think :)). But I had a fabulous time. Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Rudy! We love you!

No comments: