Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sweet Homecoming



The day we have been waiting for has arrived! Our sweet baby girl was released from the NICU yesterday afternoon and mommy and daddy took her home. I cried while saying good bye to the NICU staff because they have been amazing. The care, love and support they gave our little L was perfect. The care, love and support they gave mommy and daddy was amazing. Big A and I had total confidence in our daughter's nurses every time we left. It will be weird not seeing them on a day to day basis. On our way home



Mommy and Daddy lovin' on their little miracle at home

Thank you NICU Staff for all you did for our babe L and for all you did for us. We praise God for your support and love. And we can't wait to bring little L back so you can see her progress!

Now that we are home we are trailblazing a new routine. We've survived our first 24hrs, with little sleep, but that is ok :) Mommy was constantly checking on little L to make sure she was breathing and doing ok. Our girl is a noisy sleeper too, so every little peep I would want to check on her. I know that Miss L is adjusting too. No more monitor beepers or doors constantly opening and closing. No more nurses coming and going with new babes. No more assessments and tummy checks or blood pressure checks. Our home is much more low key and quiet compared to the NICU. So our little family is working together on these adjustments and trying to make it as smooth as possible. I have complete confidence we'll adjust and it will be good!


My new bed

Finally, happy 4th of July! I am so thankful for the freedom I have. Thank you to the men and women who serve our country so I can be free. I appreciate it a greatly. Uncle N, thank you for following God's lead in your life to be a military man. You are amazing and I am so proud to call you my brother, my friend. I love you! And Lindsay, you make an amazing military wife. I know you will have good times and difficult times, but know that we are standing next to you to support and love you! Thanks for being there for my bro! We love you both!

No comments: