Thursday, June 18, 2009

Ready, Set, Go!

Look at me everyone! I tried the bottle for the first time and it wasn't too bad. Granted I had to work. That's right, I had to work in order to get the milk out of the bottle. But my OT said I did what I was suppose to with sucking a few times, and then pausing to swallow, breath and all that jazz. Then I would start sucking again and repeat. It tuckered me out pretty quickly. But I got 7 mLs out of the bottle so I am proud of myself. I kept my eyes shut tightly because I did not want to look at what was going on. But once I was in my mommy's arms then I felt safe enough to take a peek, and I knew that meant I was done doing the work. I know how to work the system :) Anyway, mommy and Auntie Ellie cheered me on and I felt like a pretty big girl. (Especially now that I wear clothing). Anyway, it's bed time and I am actually kangarooing with daddy right now so I am going to get back to that. Love you lots family!

(what Miss L probably would have said, if she could vocalize words)

No comments: