Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hotel California

Life has been a little crazy the past week and a half. The FM area prepared hardcore for a flood that was continually changing. The crest forecast changed everyday it seemed which created a difficult task of knowing what would be best for my residents at work. Thankfully I did not have to make the final call for evacuating but I did have the "joy" of letting families know what we were doing. At those moments there was great frustration for those who thought we were ridiculous to even think about evacuating. But by the time we decided we were, families were overall supportive. Looking back, I know it was a stressful time for all, whether you lived by the river or not. But I thank God for His protection and support the families offered during the evac and after.

On a different note this time period of preparation and waiting for the waters to drop have contained a lot of emotions for this mama to be. First, I was relieved, truly, when my baby bro decided to stay with R & B for the long wkd. My baby bro had been helping the community and families every day last week with sandbagging, dike building, sandbag throwing and whatever else was asked of him. He was my hero last week. I never could get ahold of him. But I knew he was working somewhere in the FM area. Thanks you Bugs for all you do. You are going to be an incredible UncA!

While staying at R & B's Hotel California, I have made 11 burp cloths. And they are so cute and soft. Too bad someday our little one will be spitting up on them. But that thought in and of itself makes me so excited for this little one to join us! My anticipation is growing daily, as is my tummy and lately my feet and ankles. Feeling our little one move around inside me is special. I can feel the little one with my hand, if I am patient enough. Big A hasn't been patient enough but soon daddy will feel his little one movin' about too.

Tired...this is another emotion I am feeling. The time at Hotel California has alleviated some of the exhaustion. But some of it has to do with my body. I know while being preggo your body goes through small and big changes. Perhaps I am starting to feel some bigger changes. Feet and ankles swelling this past week (probably b/c I am not walking as much due to not working), my back is getting more uncomfortable, I'm experiencing acid reflex (which is just gross and very uncomfortable), I'm tired of being out of routine. I definetly do better when I have my routine. I sleep well one night and then toss and turn the next, that is not cool, very tiring.

Well, thanks for letting me vent! So I have been productive on this little vacation. I have 2 more sections to scrap for our trip we took to CA in November. And I made a bunch of cute burp rags. I asked Austin if he liked our burp rags and his response was, "Oh, iisshh." That is the man I love! I told him it did not matter if the babe was a boy or girl, it is going to burp and spit up. I suppose I need to start getting him comfortable for that idea! We'll get through it together :)

No comments: